Pages

Monday, May 20, 2013

Organzing Your Childrens School Papers - Artwork Galore....

Kids come home from school with a lot of papers and artwork. All of which they are proud of and want you to keep - forever.

It doesn't matter if it's just a few scribbles on a piece of paper or a watercolor they think is a masterpice....they want you to keep it - forever.

Each piece of school work, each test....you just have to keep it - forever.

But the reality is....we don't have the space for it all. I try to sort through it and keep what I think are the really great ones - the ones that show their personality.

Each child has a folder and each day when things come home I pick the ones that go in my "keep" pile.

My husband...he thinks it's just a way for the teachers to get the stuff off of their desks!

Anyway....my "keep" pile ....was getting too big - so I had to sort through it - again. This time, I really had to toss just about everything (let's not tell the children).

It's near the end of the school year and I had a huge pile (a very neat pile - thank you). But I only have so much room and I got new containers for each child. So I had to make some very tough decisions and keep only a few pieces of art and notes that they have written.

The point is.... organizing is a continuous process.  It is always evolving. You sort and keep things that you love and have great memories of....and in the future....in a year or two or three.... you go through the process again and again and make further decisions to de-clutter and dispose of things that you now can comfortably get rid of.

Organizing isn't stagnant. It's a process. It changes as you change. Be comfortable with that thought.

Now....go out and make some hard decisions. You can do it!  



Organizational Consulting Services

www.organizationalconsultingservices.com

No comments:

Post a Comment