Pages

Monday, August 23, 2010

INFORMATION ORGANIZING - MEDICAL AND LIFE

Most people don’t think about dying….or becoming seriously ill. It’s just too “real. Or “morbid

But if you have kids…thinking about protecting them with a “will” is not only important…it’s down right necessary !!!!

Maybe you are only 22 or 28 or 35…and will live to be 80 ! Maybe you are in “perfect” health. But what if another driver falls asleep at the wheel and runs a red light and totals your car?

What if ???

What if you aren’t as lucky as I was and you don’t make it? And I had my baby daughter I the car.

We were beyond lucky. I saw the car…I had the right of way. I knew they weren’t going to stop. But I couldn’t do anything…. There was oncoming traffic in the other lane and I had nowhere to go.

I was lucky. My daughter and I survived. With no injuries.

But what if you aren’t so lucky. And your child is left with no parent?

Do you have a "wil"l ?

Do you have a “health care proxy” ?

Do you have a “living will” ?

Do you have a “power of attorney” ?

Does anyone know where these documents are ?

Do you have your medical history documented somewhere?

Do you have a list of your doctors ?

Do you have a list of your surgeries ?

Of your medications ?

Of your allergies ?

Stuff happens……

Are you ready ?

Do you really want to take that chance ?

If you have a family….is it fair to them ?

Be organized… get your affairs in order….. and go about your life knowing that if anything happened to you, your family would know what you wanted and your kids would be protected.

It’s time to be a “grown up”.


Organizational Consulting Services

http://www.organizationalconsultingservices.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment