Pages

Monday, March 11, 2013

I Want To Get Organized - Really I Do !

 I hear people say  "I want to get organized - really I do" - a lot. They say "I keep telling my husband (mother, sister,  friend...) that I am going to "organize my kitchen (bedroom, office, garage....)".

 I head it all the time.  Then I hear nothing.  Because after saying that they have all of these good intentions - the novelty of "getting organized" seems to wear off - like it's "too exhausting" to think about it any longer.

Getting organized takes planning. It takes effort.  It takes work.  It takes more than an hour - unlike the shows on T.V..  It takes getting everything out of the closet or room and making decisions.  It takes "thinking" about what hasn't worked and how you actually want things to work.  It's more complicated than most people think - yet, as an Organizer we get down to the simplest detail and build things up.  We look at the big picture and then turn if off and start small - one small area at a time in manageable pieces.

It you really wanted to "get organized"  you would. If you don't actually start the process - then maybe you weren't really ready.

You can't force someone to organize their space or their life - they have to be ready.  Only then will it actually work and be successful.

Happy Organizing !


Organizational Consulting Services

1 comment:

  1. Love this post on self organizing, sounds real great at-least for those who have keen interested on getting their life well -organized with put any clutter. NYC professional organizer

    ReplyDelete